Re: [O] Smart archiving of subtrees with parent headlines

From: Ken Mankoff
Subject: Re: [O] Smart archiving of subtrees with parent headlines
Date: Thu, 28 Mar 2019 19:13:25 +0100

On Tue, May 1, 2018 at 11:01 AM Bastien <address@hidden> wrote:
Hi Mark,

Mark Edgington <address@hidden> writes:

> I don't know why not -- I'm OK with the code being used in
> org-archive.el.  As far as I'm concerned, you can use it however you
> wish (it is based on Ken's code though, so he would also need to sign
> off on its use, I suppose).

Would you like to contribute by submitting a patch against master?

For this you would need to sign FSF copyright assignment.

See http://orgmode.org/request-assign-future.txt

Replying to an email almost 1 year old. I've lost archive-to-subtree functionality recently and don't know how to get it back w/ the recent Org code changes. While searching I found this old thread where Mark & Bastien suggest I'd need to sign off on someone using some code I pasted. I got that code from elsewhere, and only did minor customizations. In my original email I link to where I got the code from (  https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-orgmode/2014-08/msg00109.html ). I don't think I have the rights to sign off on this, but sure, you can use what I pasted and my customizations. I've signed the FSF documents already, a long time ago. It seems like archive-to-subtree should be a core functionality, and if someone were to get that working again I'd be happy to test and use it.

  -k.