Re: [O] [solved] How remove time from date-time stamp

From: Detlef Steuer
Subject: Re: [O] [solved] How remove time from date-time stamp
Date: Tue, 9 Apr 2019 09:22:39 +0200

Am Tue, 9 Apr 2019 05:27:50 +0000
schrieb "Fraga, Eric" <address@hidden>:

> On Monday,  8 Apr 2019 at 23:56, Thomas Plass wrote:
> > However, if you want to directly change timestamps in the buffer
> > they live (not: an agenda view), then S-right/left/up/down can call
> > a hook function that does what you're trying to achieve.
>
> Or simply C-d (or DEL or BS) 5 times?  "It's all text."

Well, of course it's all text. But 5 times often is not enough,
cause there are start and end times.

Nevertheless that hint gave me the right direction:

In the agenda hit return on an entry.
C-c . opens the interface to alter the timestamp.
C-a C-k (or C-0 C-k) deletes the time part.
Done! Easy enough.

Thank you!

If there were a solution without leaving agenda view, that would be
another big improvement (for me).

Detlef

--
The biggest difference between time and space is that you can’t reuse
time. (Merrick Furst)