[O] Setupfile doesn't seem to pass pre-defined macros

From: emsenn
Subject: [O] Setupfile doesn't seem to pass pre-defined macros
Date: Sat, 27 Apr 2019 22:25:31 -0400

Hey y'all,

I've recently been playing more with Org-mode's INCLUDE and SETUPFILE features,
and think I might have found a bug.

File alpha.org contains

#+MACRO: womble fribble
#+AUTHOR: muffet

File beta.org contains

#+SETUPFILE: ./alpha.org
The womble macro is {{{womble}}}

File gamma.org contains

#+SETUPFILE: ./alpha.org
The author is {{{author}}}

---

Beta exports fine, but Gamma fails, saying: Undefined org macro: author;
aborting

That seems like a bug to me, but am I misusing it? The manual's section on
macro replacement says that author is among a few "pre-defined" macros:
https://orgmode.org/manual/Macro-replacement.html

If I define author in a file, the macro work. If I INCLUDE Alpha it works too.
But not if I use SETUPFILE.

Thanks for your time,
emsenn