Re: [O] Parens matching off in babel code block

From: Lawrence Bottorff
Subject: Re: [O] Parens matching off in babel code block
Date: Thu, 2 May 2019 21:11:07 -0500

Well, at least there is a sane explanation. Ironically, I was also about to complain about all my loose ">"s getting flagged. So they are related! Would there be a way to make an exception for < and > inside of actual code forms? Languages need them for "greater than" and "less than".

On Thu, May 2, 2019 at 4:39 PM Nicolas Goaziou <address@hidden> wrote:
Hello,

Marco Wahl <address@hidden> writes:

> Using < and > as parenthesis in Org is questionable, I think.

In Org syntax, < and > often come in pair (timestamps, some links,
targets, radio targets). There is at least some interest in the current
behaviour.

> Also this behavior is not documented AFAICT.

I don't think you can document every single detail. Even if it was
possible, it wouldn't be desirable.

> What about removing this special?  Or does anyone enjoy this behavior?

This needs to be carefully tested and weighted.

Regards,

--
Nicolas Goaziou