Re: [O] Is is possible to summarize contents of a task in the agenda hea

From: joakim
Subject: Re: [O] Is is possible to summarize contents of a task in the agenda headings?
Date: Mon, 06 May 2019 10:09:59 +0200

Hello,

I made some progress. I can generate agendas where each todo shows how
many sub-tasks it has:

 Emacs ideas
  <  3> Emacs:              TODO [#0] show context of subtasks in agenda
  <  1> Emacs:              TODO [#0] fixate gnus structure
  <  1> Emacs:              TODO [#2] kungsgetens org-brain
  < 11> Emacs:              TODO [#3] emslaved (make initial repo)

The number inside the initial brackets < num > indicate number of open subtasks.

I'm also using org-super-agenda here.

This is the code, a little bit messy still.

#+BEGIN_SRC emacs-lisp :tangle yes

  (defun jv-todoinfo()
    (let
        ((numchilds 0))

      (save-mark-and-excursion
        (org-narrow-to-subtree)
        (setq numchilds (length
                         (--filter (eq 'todo it)
                                   (progn
                                     (let ((parsetree (org-element-parse-buffer
'headline)))
                                       (org-element-map parsetree 'headline
                                         (lambda (hl) (org-element-property
:todo-type hl))))))))
        ;;im not sure why the widen is needed, but otherwise agenda generating
breaks
        (widen))
      numchilds))

  (setq org-agenda-prefix-format