Re: [O] Structured links to headings with endless depth

From: Michael Brand
Subject: Re: [O] Structured links to headings with endless depth
Date: Tue, 7 May 2019 16:39:00 +0200

Hi Ihor

On Tue, May 7, 2019 at 5:27 AM Ihor Radchenko <address@hidden> wrote:

> I am wondering why you are strictly against ID properties.

To me this looks like a misunderstanding. I use the ID often but my
weighting of the different advantages is not the same in all cases.
Some situations where no ID can be seen as an advantage: Looking at
the raw view (for example visible-mode during ediff), looking at the
raw file (when in the other world outside of Org mode), the time it
can take to not find an ID in all the ID files when the target file or
ID is not accessible, etc. There must be good reasons why some more
users than just me sometimes prefer the format B over A:

#+name: A
#+begin_src org
- [[id:8e5c5d87-291e-469b-a8e4-15704610c82c][The heading name]]
,* The heading name
  :PROPERTIES:
  :ID:       8e5c5d87-291e-469b-a8e4-15704610c82c
  :END:
#+end_src

#+name: B
#+begin_src org