Re: [O] GTD and CRM workflow for org-mode using Agenda and org-super-age

From: Daryl Manning
Subject: Re: [O] GTD and CRM workflow for org-mode using Agenda and org-super-agenda [followup]
Date: Mon, 13 May 2019 17:26:11 +0700

Thanks! That's quite kind. Just glad to know someone found it useful.

The DEADLINE with an intermediary step would be cool. The only thing I could think of that might make something like that work is if you might create a "subtask" that had the DEADLINE and then follow that and resolve before the actual top level task got resolved, though being a relative newcomer to org-mode, I have absolutely not a clue how you'd do accomplish that (sorry). I'm sure there is probably a better way.  =]

Rather than using a note, btw, I've found it much more useful to signify delegatee with a tag (so, something like :jones:). The advantage is when you have a meeting with someone or need to refer to their stuff, just sort all tasks/todos by tag :jones" and you know everything Jones is on the hook for. I also generally keep a file for someone - usually to organize 1:1 notes and similar and use a setup like:

# jones.org
``` elisp
#+TITLE: Jones

* Jones                                                            :jones:loka:

** Jones 1:1 - 2019-05-03
*** Team Structure and Leads shifts
*** PMS reviews
*** Martech
```

Also very handy if you put the TODOs inline with the 1:1 notes as they'll still be tagged to find them from the personnel buffer.

Anyhow, YMMV but that has worked surprisingly well though it does not solve your *actual* intermediary/delegated DEADLINE step. Sorry.   =]

ciao!
Daryl.

On Mon, May 13, 2019 at 4:24 PM Fraga, Eric <address@hidden> wrote:
On Monday, 13 May 2019 at 10:50, Daryl Manning wrote:
> A surprising (to me, anyway) number of people asked me privately to follow
> up about my setup and how I was using thing, so I promised I would put a
> blog post together (I had a draft from march anyhow... =] ).

Thanks for this. Very interesting and well written.  It's given me some
things to think about.

The one feature that I am missing is chained TODOs in the following
context.  Like you, I spend an inordinate amount of time chasing
people.  I often have tasks that I delegate.  I change the task to WAIT
from TODO and add a note that says to whom I have delegated the
task.  The original task will typically have a DEADLINE but I would like
to associate a deadline for the delegated step.  This is not easy to
do.  For instance, I cannot store a link from the agenda view which
would allow me, from that view, to easily create a new linked task.

Anyway, thanks again.
--
Eric S Fraga via Emacs 27.0.50, Org release_9.2.2-290-g300f15