Re: [O] org-drill futures

From: Phillip Lord
Subject: Re: [O] org-drill futures
Date: Sun, 02 Jun 2019 18:52:01 +0100

> Hello,
>
> address@hidden (Phillip Lord) writes:
>
>> I've launched an fork of org-drill. I have tried to reach Paul Sexton,
>> the original author, and had some feedback (he was happy for my take
>> over), but not managed to get the repository moved.
>>
>> https://gitlab.com/phillord/org-drill/
>>
>> I'd like to have this be the version that ends up in contrib. Can anyone
>> tell me how to achieve this?
>
> I would suggest the opposite: move it to GNU ELPA, for example, so we
> can remove it from contrib.
>
> WDYT?

Yes, I am quite happy with that also -- it would save the effort of
syncing it. It would have to be MELPA though, because I don't think we
have papers (I can check). This does have the disadvantage of requiring
people to update their config/installed packages, but it's probably
okay.

I'd plan to incorporate org-learn into org-drill -- I suspect everyone
using org-learn is using it via org-drill, so winding it in makes sense,
so I'd need to remove both.

I'll see how MELPA are with adding my fork there; if they are happy,
once that it up and running it could be pulled from contrib.

Phil