Re: [O] Inserting todo time range

From: Raimund Kohl-Füchsle
Subject: Re: [O] Inserting todo time range
Date: Thu, 27 Jun 2019 06:19:57 +0200

Yepp, that is how I do it, too. I just thought there were something more convenient.

Thank you anyway :-)

Gesendet mit Blue
Am 27. Juni 2019, um 00:53, Kyle Meyer <address@hidden> schrieb:
Raimund Kohl-Füchsle <address@hidden> writes:

I do have a recurring task Mo-Fri, but not at weekends.

I searched the manual and it offers a time range - like

** Test Time range

    <2004-08-23 Mon>--<2004-08-26 Thu>

But, of course, this doesn't mark a recurring task.

If instead I would use

** TODO Test Time range

    <2004-08-23 Mon>--<2004-08-26 Thu>

then this for org-mode would just be one todo; if I mark it done on Mon
all other days are marked as done, too.

So how would I schedule a daily TODO only, say, this week from Mo - Fr?

The way I handle this, which isn't particularly elegant, is to just have
a heading for each day of interest. So, in your case, something like

** TODO task (Mon)
SCHEDULED: <2019-07-01 Mon ++1w>

** TODO task (Tue)
SCHEDULED: <2019-07-02 Tue ++1w>