Re: [O] Bug: org manual 15.10.2 Packages that conflict with Org mode doe

From: Vladimir Nikishkin
Subject: Re: [O] Bug: org manual 15.10.2 Packages that conflict with Org mode doesn't include EDE [9.1.9 (release_9.1.9-65-g5e4542 @ /usr/share/emacs/26.2/lisp/org/)]
Date: Sun, 7 Jul 2019 13:24:24 +0800

EDE isĀ  Emacs Development Environment, is shipped with stock Emacs and is recommended to be turned on as a global minor mode, in the official Emacs Manual, Section 25.4, page 330 of the printed version, or 352 of the pdf.

It's not a 'mere keybinding conflict', it's a conflict that anyone reading the official manual would be bumping into. It's not some obscure tiny extension no-one is using, it is an official part of Emacs, just as Org is.

On Sun, Jul 7, 2019, 05:05 Nicolas Goaziou <address@hidden> wrote:
Hello,

Vladimir Nikishkin <address@hidden> writes:

> Although they actually do conflict is that the default bindings for EDE
> start with C-c . ,
> whereas Org uses this keybinding branch as an org-time-stamp binding.

I don't know what is EDE. Anyway I don't think a mere key-binding
conflict deserves an entry in the "Conflicts" section.

It's true that Org shouldn't have used `C-c .` and `C-c !` in the first
place, but that ship sailed long ago.

Regards,

--
Nicolas Goaziou