Re: [O] BEGIN - END markers in manual and guide

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [O] BEGIN - END markers in manual and guide
Date: Sun, 14 Jul 2019 14:08:25 +0200

Hi Nicolas,

On Sun, Jul 14, 2019 at 10:08 AM Nicolas Goaziou <address@hidden> wrote:
Hello,

> I was wondering if we should change all the #+BEGIN and #+END stuff in the
> manual and in the compact guide to lower case?  This is what the structure
> templates insert, and it also looks better.  I'd be willing to do it, just
> wondering if there are objections.

Upper case is used as a way to emphasize specific syntax in code
snippets.

Also, in typesetting conventions,

    - =TITLE=, =BEGIN= ... =END= ::

      Keywords and blocks are written in uppercase to enhance their
      readability, but you can use lowercase in your Org files.

Therefore, I do not object to this change, but I do think it is not
necessary.

Yes, OK, I leave it like it is.

Regards

Carsten