[O] creating a link to an html file under msys2 (windows path issue)

From: kevinbanjo
Subject: [O] creating a link to an html file under msys2 (windows path issue)
Date: Wed, 24 Jul 2019 22:01:39 -0700

Hi everyone.

I'm trying to create a link to my emacs org-mode manual on my desktop at c:\Users\Kevin\Desktop\org.html in one of my org-mode files and I can't for the life of me figure out what the path is supposed to be.

Under msys2 it should be something like:

/c/users/kevin/desktop/org.html

I'm using the emacs that is installed with msys2 (and often I see it putting a "c:" in front of the path but that doesn't seem to work here).

I've tried it with a leading c:, with single backslashes between the components, with double backslashes, etc...

Anyone have a clue?

TIA,
-Kevin