Re: [O] org-links for Gnus in imap with Gmail (for a convenient todo.org

From: Fraga, Eric
Subject: Re: [O] org-links for Gnus in imap with Gmail (for a convenient todo.org list)
Date: Thu, 25 Jul 2019 16:47:14 +0000

On Thursday, 25 Jul 2019 at 18:24, Joseph Vidal-Rosset wrote:
> But for  gnus-imap-gmail users, it is  more difficult to get  the same
> thing.

[...]

> But  I need  to change  the mention  of INBOX  in the  link to  John's
> email.

Why is that?  If I create a link to an email from gmail using %a, this
seems to work (having just tested it).  Am I missing something?  I don't
often link to gmail messages as they are mostly junk emails (in my
case).  I know that gmail does not really have imap folders but uses
tags (of a sort) to make it look like emails are in different folders
(or in more than one folder simultaneously) but INBOX seems to work for
me.

Just curious.
--
Eric S Fraga via Emacs 27.0.50, Org release_9.2.4-399-g4e6222