[O] getting access to a self-invented option?

From: Matt Price
Subject: [O] getting access to a self-invented option?
Date: Fri, 2 Aug 2019 12:10:18 -0400

I'm trying to streamline some veyr ad-hoc workflows I have. One thing I do a lot during the school year is make some changes to an org source file, and then export to hugo markdown with ox-hugo, and finally commit to git (after that I have a git hook that generates the website & uploads the changed pages to the appropriate location, usually a github-pages branch or separate repo).

So I have this code:

(defun mwp-hugo-export-and-release ()
  "Make it faster and easier to put my lectures up on the website."
  (interactive)

  (let* ((modfile (org-hugo-export-wim-to-md))
         (basedir (plist-get  (org-export-get-environment 'hugo) ':hugo-base-dir ))
         (default-directory (expand-file-name basedir)))
    (magit-stage-file modfile)
    ;; (magit-status)
    (magit-commit-create)
    )  )

It works great, I'm very happy. HOWEVER: in my websites I have two kinds of outputs:

- regular pages -- these get exported to .md files and turned into html by hugo
- lecture notes -- these get exported to reveal.js HTML pages by org-re-reveal and my hugo theme treats them differently .

I would really like to set a switch somewhere in the file, something like:

#+MWP_EXPORT_TYPE: slides

And then something like

let* ((modfile (if (eq :mwp-export-type "slides") (mwp-hugo-reveal-custom-export-function)
                               (org-hugo-export-wim-to-md)))
     ....etc)
            do stuff)

But I'm not sure how to get access to a totally non-standard option like the kind I just invented in that last bit of pseudo-code. Anyone have a good suggestion?

Thank you as always!

Matt