Re: [O] exported contacts problem

From: Tim Cross
Subject: Re: [O] exported contacts problem
Date: Sat, 03 Aug 2019 07:25:14 +1000

I tried gnus some time ago and use to use it when I read
newsgroups. While I find it to be an extremely powerful and capable
package, I never got comfortable with using it for mail. I once used VM
and then mew, but now mu4e, which I think is fantastic. Part of what I
like about it is the nice workflow I have with org-mode.

I've not yet worried too much about contact management though. Maybe I
don't have any friends! I do find the combination of org-mode, mu4e and
mbsync works well for my private and work email accounts (gmail, outlook
and exchange or office365). As I work on both Linux and OSX, I don't
worry about contacts and calendar invites too much as OSX just takes
care of that for me (I have apple mail configured for my accounts, but
rarely every use it). Mu4e has its own contact database built in, but it
can also be configured to use BBDB (though I've not done that).

I did need to tweak mu4e a little to work well with emacspeak.

Tim

--
Tim Cross