Re: [O] exported contacts problem

From: Jean Louis
Subject: Re: [O] exported contacts problem
Date: Fri, 2 Aug 2019 23:34:21 +0200

* Eric Abrahamsen <address@hidden> [2019-08-02 23:11]:
> > Neither bbdb nor Org is suitable for any serious collection of
> > contacts. I have 192,000+ contacts, and when they are in database and
> > I am using PostgreSQL, it gives me most of benefits, I can sort people
> > into lists, groups, I can contact them, count interactions, open up
> > their files, emails with a fast command, edit their data, add notes,
> > send them faxes and SMS, maintain relations.
>
> That sounds pretty intense. Have you written a separate package for
> interacting with the database?

I wrote few generic functions and use it with helm, it works for
me. It is not ready for public. Web interface works based on Gedafe[1]
and then I wrote access to it through console Common Lisp and then
also through Emacs Lisp.

I am using Emacs module `emacs-libpq'[2] to interact with PostgreSQL.

Let's say I am looking for somebody, Hyper-C asks me for query, I
enter something, then I can choose to open Org file relating to the
person. When dealing with various companies, things related to a
company shall be in the directory related to company. Things related
to person, for example assignments related to one person shall be in
the file belonging to that person.

That way full file can be sent to the person for review, it becomes
clear what has been done, and what is yet to be done.

Mixing assignments, TODO, agendas from all subjects, groups and
persons into one file would give me terrible confusion.

Jean

Footnotes:
[1]  https://gedafe.github.io/index.en.html

[2]  https://github.com/anse1/emacs-libpq#start-of-content