Re: [O] exported contacts problem

From: Neil Jerram
Subject: Re: [O] exported contacts problem
Date: Sat, 3 Aug 2019 18:48:31 +0100

I've tried to work on contact conversion and synchronization in the past, aiming to merge and unify contacts that I've built up in BBDB, Google Contacts, email systems, pre-Android phones, etc.  The problematic aspect was different systems using different field names and structures, e.g. one with separate First Name and Last Name, and another with a combined Name field; different approaches to breaking up addresses; additional arbitrary notes fields; etc.

With that in mind, I'm curious if the writers on this thread could comment on:
1. is this situation any better now?
2. if you favour using org-contacts or org-vcard, what do you see as the benefit of Org as your master contact format, as opposed to say BBDB or .vcf?