Re: [O] exported contacts problem

From: Tim Cross
Subject: Re: [O] exported contacts problem
Date: Sun, 04 Aug 2019 11:28:57 +1000

Think I agree. This is close to how I use org as well. For me, org pulls
it together - I have data/information in postgres, sqlite, maildirs,
filesystem, etc. Notes, todos, journal, bookmarks and documents are in
org. I use org as the way to assemble and prsent this information and
as an authoring tool, exporting to other formats when necessary. My
planning is done in org and I use org as a literate programming
envrionment for database work (I work as a DBA), elisp and scripting.

For sql it is really great as there are few good systems for working
with sql that also support version control. Using org and git, I can get
the best of both worlds.

When it comes to programming, I tend to use more 'native' environments,
especially when a REPL is involved.

My contact management requirements are small as it is just for personal
stuff. For work, I need to use the enterprise CRM because the
information is shared across the organisation and because of the complex
legislation regarding personal information management.

--
Tim Cross