Re: [O] Agenda: Display projects and 3 todo subtasks

From: Adam Porter
Subject: Re: [O] Agenda: Display projects and 3 todo subtasks
Date: Fri, 09 Aug 2019 06:03:47 -0500

Nathan Neff <address@hidden> writes:

> Wow - thanks Adam!
>
> Your stuff is awesome.  org-rifle is incredible.  (I just wish that
> it didn't have as many dependencies -- I guess I'm just a bit paranoid).

Thanks for the kind words.

Which dependencies concern you?  helm-org-rifle uses:

-  Helm, of course.  However it has non-Helm commands built in, so you
   don't have to actually use Helm, and merely having it installed does
   nothing.  In the future I plan to refactor to put the Helm commands
   into a separate package.

-  dash.el, which is a very widely used package.

-  s.el, which is also widely used.

-  And f.el, which is also a commonly used convenience package.

If you're concerned about package updates breaking functionality or
causing vulnerabilities, I share that concern to some extent, and that's
why I don't recommend upgrading packages en masse.  I keep installed
packages in git as part of my Emacs config, and I update individual
packages when necessary.

BTW, have you tried the package org-recent-headings?