Re: [O] Bug: canceled capture operation results in demoted following hea

From: Gustavo Barros
Subject: Re: [O] Bug: canceled capture operation results in demoted following heading when template ends with newline [9.2.4 (9.2.4-11-g1c3eae-elpaplus @ /home/gustavo/.emacs.d/elpa/org-plus-contrib-20190722/)]
Date: Sat, 10 Aug 2019 16:34:06 -0300

Hi Carsten,

On Sat, Aug 10 2019, Carsten Dominik wrote:

Hi Gustavo,

I am also on Emacs 26.2, and I don't know where to look if I cannot
reproduce the problem.

It would be useful if someone else tries your minimal example and reports
back.

Carsten

I’ve tried to put my hands on possible intervening factors I could think of.

I’ve reduced the setup further to:

#+begin_src emacs-lisp
(add-to-list 'load-path "/home/gustavo/.emacs.d/elpa/org-plus-contrib-20190805")
(load-library "org")
(global-set-key (kbd "C-c c") 'org-capture)
(setq org-agenda-files
    '("~/org/agenda.org"))
(setq org-capture-templates
    '(("t" "TODO entry" entry
       (file+headline "~/org/agenda.org" "Capture")
       "* TODO %?\n")))
#+end_src

I’ve tried to rebuilt Emacs from source with default =./configure= options and run =src/emacs -Q=.

I’ve tried to create the agenda file from the =emacs -Q= session in case any encoding options of mine could intervene.

I’ve also tried my different Linux flavors (Mint 19.2 Cinnamon and MX Linux 18 Xfce).

And in every case the behavior was the same.

The only way I could make it not happen was to remove the preexisting line between "* Capture" and "* Following heading" headings.

As mentioned, if anyone can think of anything else I can try to narrow this down further, I’m at your disposal.

Best regards,
Gustavo.