Re: [O] NLS/Augment

From: John Kitchin
Subject: Re: [O] NLS/Augment
Date: Wed, 14 Aug 2019 09:56:55 -0400

strange. It has always worked fine for me. It turns out in the long run I don't use it much, C-c C-c does the same thing on check boxes, and speed commands on headings end up being easier to use for me.  YMMV of course.

John

-----------------------------------
Professor John Kitchin
Doherty Hall A207F
Department of Chemical Engineering
Carnegie Mellon University
Pittsburgh, PA 15213
412-268-7803

On Wed, Aug 14, 2019 at 9:35 AM Jean Louis <bugs@gnu.support> wrote:
* John Kitchin <address@hidden> [2019-08-12 15:05]:

> Jean Louis <bugs@gnu.support> writes:
>
> > * Steve Quezadas <address@hidden> [2019-08-12 05:59]:
> >> Guys,
> >>
> >> This is a slightly offtopic, but I've been using org-mode and I love love
> >> loveit. Was the writing of org-mode related in any way to Douglas
> >> Engelbart's NLS/Augment system? A lot of the features seem to crossover. Or
> >> is this simply coincidence?
> >
> > I have been watching the demonstration on these pages:
> > http://dougengelbart.org/content/view/216/000/#Augment
> >
> > and videos by Christina Engelbart,
> > https://www.youtube.com/watch?list=PLCGFadV4FqU15vunAfsTDzeEPnHDaf7n0&v=STRuciV6L38
> >
> > Org mode look similar to that Augment browser, definitely. With
> > differences. But it looks as nice information management system.
> >
> > It would be good that Org mode gets some kind of buttons follow the
> > mouse feature upon turning it on, just as shown on this video:
> > https://vimeo.com/81238285
> >

> I think (require 'org-mouse) provides lots of mouse support for
> opening/closing outlines, checking/unchecking checkboxes, etc.

I have tried it, but it does not turn on at all times. Documentation
is vague. It is unclear how should it turn on.

Jean