Re: [O] Pandoc and Org-mode: list indention

From: Jean Louis
Subject: Re: [O] Pandoc and Org-mode: list indention
Date: Mon, 19 Aug 2019 20:13:15 +0200

* Devin Prater <address@hidden> [2019-08-19 19:34]:
> I, blind myself, teach other blind people how to use technology and
> software, along with my supervisor and quite a few others. We have
> many courses on the use of Microsoft Office, Gmail, Internet basics,
> and so on. These courses are handled by Moodle, which accepts HTML
> and Markdown formatted text. Why it doesn’t use Org-mode, which is
> superior to Markdown in every way, is beyond me.

Thank you, I have learned about Moodle as resource for teaching.

> I’ve taken it upon myself to clean all this up, and Org-mode does it
> all. The only problem is, when I convert from HTML to Org-mode using
> Pandoc, just doing:

> Pandoc -I lesson1.html -o lesson1.org <http://lesson1.org/>

> The lists are not made into indented ones, just a paragraph, which I
> manually have to indent, marking the lines below the list marker
> line, and doing C-x C-I, then indenting 3 or four spaces, then
> filling the paragraph just to make sure.

> Is there anything I can do to make this less tedious?

Please send the file lesson1.html for review, and if I find right
workflow for you, I will tell you how I have done that.

Regarding moodle, I would make lessons in Emacs, and people would
accessing them from Emacs to the central database and answering it
that way. But that is my opinion, browsers are by opinion of other
people more practical.

Jean