Re: [O] Bug header argumednt :file does not produce a file or a link to

From: Charles Millar
Subject: Re: [O] Bug header argumednt :file does not produce a file or a link to the file
Date: Fri, 23 Aug 2019 09:37:31 -0400

On 8/23/19 4:15 AM, Nicolas Goaziou wrote:
Hello,

Charles Millar via Emacs-orgmode <address@hidden> writes:

#+begin_src sh :file test.rec
cat << EOF
# -*- mode: rec -*-

%rec: somerecord

Account: something
Amount: 0.00

#### end of file
EOF

#+end_src

I expect that when I execute the above code block that

        1. An external file test.rec is produced with contents

        # -*- mode: rec -*-

        %rec: somerecord

        Account: something
        Amount: 0.00

        #### end of file

   and

        2. A link to that file is placed below the source code block

Instead all I get is a table and no external file is created

You probably need to specify that the output is a file, which is not the
default for "sh" language. You may want to add ":results file" to the
header of the source block.

Regards,

Thank you, Nicolas. That solved it.

Now a "just curious," comment and question:

I had a few files that used the ECM source code block, just many more entries in each. The last time that I evaluated any of them was last October and it produced the results I expected, i.e. I did not specify ":results file"

So, up until October was I just lucky or did something change in Org that affected the sh language?

Regards,

Charlie Millar