Re: [O] minimal testing setup for pdf export?

From: Robert Klein
Subject: Re: [O] minimal testing setup for pdf export?
Date: Tue, 27 Aug 2019 08:14:03 +0200

On Mon, 26 Aug 2019 21:20:53 -0400
Matt Price <address@hidden> wrote:

> Can someone point me to a minimal setup for testing PDF export with
> "emacs -Q"? I am unable to produce a pdf with default settings and I
> am pretty sure  that the latex is invalid... but I'm having trouble
> testing it since I 9still) know so little about latex.
>
> Thanks everyone!
>
> Matt

What is in your *messages* buffer after the export attempt?

Whats the result when you export a blank “empty.org” file to LaTeX (C-c
C-e l l)? I get

--- snip ---
% Created 2019-08-27 Tue 08:10
% Intended LaTeX compiler: pdflatex
\documentclass[11pt]{article}
\usepackage[utf8]{inputenc}
\usepackage[T1]{fontenc}
\usepackage{graphicx}
\usepackage{grffile}
\usepackage{longtable}
\usepackage{wrapfig}
\usepackage{rotating}
\usepackage[normalem]{ulem}
\usepackage{amsmath}
\usepackage{textcomp}
\usepackage{amssymb}
\usepackage{capt-of}
\usepackage{hyperref}
\author{Robert Klein}
\date{\today}
\title{}
\hypersetup{
 pdfauthor={Robert Klein},
 pdftitle={},
 pdfkeywords={},
 pdfsubject={},
 pdfcreator={Emacs 26.2 (Org mode 9.1.9)},
 pdflang={English}}
\begin{document}

\tableofcontents

\end{document}
--- snip ---

Just in case, do you have latex/pdflatex installed and in your path?

Best regards
Robert