Re: [O] [bug] Export to latex truncates long subsections (WE attached)

From: Vladimir Nikishkin
Subject: Re: [O] [bug] Export to latex truncates long subsections (WE attached)
Date: Tue, 27 Aug 2019 14:57:12 +0800

I have indeed investigated the issue, and this is the link:
https://latex.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=47&t=32788

To make the long story short, the folowing trick is needed to allow
page breaks after headings (which is a completely standard case in
-org).

#+begin_src latex
\usepackage{xpatch}
\makeatletter
% This is not recommended, because it can break several things
\xpatchcmd{\@afterheading}{\@nobreaktrue}{\@nobreakfalse}{%
\typeout{WARNING: \string\@afterheading\space broken}%
}{%
\@latexerr{ERROR: Cannot patch \string\@afterheading}\@ehd%
}
\makeatother
#+end_src

Shall this trick be considered for inclusion in 'org' officially?
I mean, having lists of empty headings is a perfectly standard use case for org.

--
Yours sincerely, Vladimir Nikishkin