[O] Oas: a small addon to Org Mode to automatically close tasks with sta

From: Andrea Giugliano
Subject: [O] Oas: a small addon to Org Mode to automatically close tasks with statistics
Date: Fri, 30 Aug 2019 21:09:57 +0000

Hi,

I recently landed on this conversation:
https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-orgmode/2010-03/msg00802.html

Since I find myself quite often in a situation like the following:

* TODO abc [3/3]
- [X] a
- [X] b
- [X] c

I decided to dive more into Org's API, and I created this library [0] to
automatically moving that task to DONE. My library checks that when you
are in a situation like:

* TODO abc [1/1]
- [X] a

** TODO b

the parent task does not swap to DONE because there is still a sub-task
to complete.

Tasks that have heading like

* abc [0/1]

or

* TODO abc

do NOT get updated, because I want this to work only for TODO that have
statistics.

How could I propose this as an add-on of Org Mode? Do you think it is
worth the effort?

Any feedback is very welcome to learn more :)

Best,

Andrea

[0] https://github.com/ag91/org-active-statistics