[O] Getting org-plus-contrib but releases only

From: Gustavo Barros
Subject: [O] Getting org-plus-contrib but releases only
Date: Thu, 05 Sep 2019 10:40:03 -0300

Hi all,

I have a question regarding Org installation. It is probably known, but I’m failing to find proper guidance on the matter. So, if I missed something obvious, a pointer would be kind enough.

As far as I understand, there are three typical ways to “get” Org: the built-in version, which lags somewhat behind; (GNU) Elpa, the default package repository, which offers the latest released version; and Org Elpa, which we can add as a repository, and which offers weekly builds.

Also, as far as I get, only Org Elpa contains 'org-plus-contrib' for installation. (Or am I missing something?)

I am a user of some of the 'contrib' packages, and would like to keep that. But I currently would like some more stability here, so I’d like to get releases only for updates of Org (but the latest ones, such as GNU Elpa does). Is there a (recommended) way to do both of these things at the same time?

Best regards,
Gustavo Barros.