Re: [O] Bug? SCHEDULED lines treated differently when text precedes them

From: Christoph Groth
Subject: Re: [O] Bug? SCHEDULED lines treated differently when text precedes them
Date: Thu, 05 Sep 2019 15:58:00 +0200

Nicolas Goaziou wrote:
> Christoph Groth <address@hidden> writes:
>
> > I understand now that Org does what it should.  However, I find this
> > behavior quite dangerous.  It caught me after more than 10 years of
> > using Org.  If there's a list of long-term issues with Org
> > somewhere, this problem may deserve being added to it.
>
> I don't think there is much to fix here. In any case, the command
> `org-lint' warns you about this kind of error.

Thanks for mentioning 'org-lint'.  I just ran it on my agenda files, and
it found multiple errors in most of my (very long) files.  So at least
for me (and likely for other Org users as well), the risk of missing
TODO items is real - that's a rather serious problem for a task manager!

My agenda files are populated using 'org-capture'.  Do you have
suggestions how to best integrate org-lint transparently into everyday
org usage?  For example, files could be linted automatically before they
are saved, or before a new item is captured.