Re: [O] Cannot display local images with orgmode under macOS

From: Rick Frankel
Subject: Re: [O] Cannot display local images with orgmode under macOS
Date: Fri, 13 Sep 2019 07:50:47 -0400

On Thu, Sep 12, 2019 at 02:48:15PM +0200, Marco Wahl wrote:
> Hi,
> >     Orgmode under macOS cannot display local images correctly, but it can
> > display internet images
> > without problem.

> >     After bisecting org-mode source code I found out that this commit
> > causes the problem:
> >

> > https://code.orgmode.org/bzg/org-mode/commit/48da60f47a77f4b99b4160fa620f258896ff4da3
> >
> >     Reverting to previous commit fixes the problem.
>
> Gaa!  Looks like I did this.  With the commit one should be able to see
> inline images also in the case when Emacs has been build without
> imagemagick support, at least for newer Emacsens in the 27 line.
>
> Unfortunately I don't have a Mac and cannot examine the behavior you
> describe AFAICS.

On a mac, latest org and emacs masters, inline images work find

Org version:

  commit 6f32e7af88805441c1261e16f729172639d8b3fa (HEAD -> master,
origin/master, origin/HEAD)

Abbreviated emacs config output (no imagemagick):

  What compiler should emacs be built with?               clang -O
  What window system should Emacs use?                    nextstep
  What toolkit should Emacs use?                          none
  Does Emacs use -lXaw3d?                                 no
  Does Emacs use -lXpm?                                   no
  Does Emacs use -ljpeg?                                  no
  Does Emacs use -ltiff?                                  no
  Does Emacs use a gif library?                           no
  Does Emacs use a png library?                           no
  Does Emacs use -lrsvg-2?                                yes
  Does Emacs use cairo?                                   no
  Does Emacs use -llcms2?                                 yes
  Does Emacs use imagemagick?                             no
  Does Emacs use -lgmp?                                   yes
  Does Emacs directly use zlib?                           yes
  Does Emacs have dynamic modules support?                no
  Does Emacs use toolkit scroll bars?                     yes
  Does Emacs support Xwidgets (requires gtk3)?            no