Re: [O] org-map-entries but with arguments?

From: Matt Price
Subject: Re: [O] org-map-entries but with arguments?
Date: Thu, 19 Sep 2019 09:31:57 -0400

On Wed., Sep. 18, 2019, 9:42 p.m. John Kitchin, <address@hidden> wrote:
You can get an alist of all the properties in an entry with org-entry-properties, and then you can let-alist these, or do something else. Here is an example that might be related.

* test
  :PROPERTIES:
  :some-random-property: True
  :END:

#+BEGIN_SRC emacs-lisp :results code
(org-entry-properties)
#+END_SRC

#+RESULTS:
#+begin_src emacs-lisp
(("CATEGORY" . "2019-09-18 21:33")
 ("SOME-RANDOM-PROPERTY" . "True")
 ("BLOCKED" . "")
 ("FILE" . "/Users/jkitchin/Box Sync/kitchingroup/jkitchin/journal/2019/09/18 21:33/2019-09-18 21:33.org")
 ("PRIORITY" . "B")
 ("ITEM" . "test"))
#+end_src

#+BEGIN_SRC emacs-lisp
(let-alist (cl-loop for (key . value) in (org-entry-properties)
   collect (cons (intern key) value))
 .SOME-RANDOM-PROPERTY)
#+END_SRC

#+RESULTS:
: True

John

Jeez, thanks John. For some reason when I first tried org-entry-properties I thought it was only reporting back the standard properties, like ITEM.  And in any case I had forgotten how to convert strings to symbols. This is enormously helpful.

Professor John Kitchin
Doherty Hall A207F
Department of Chemical Engineering
Carnegie Mellon University