Re: [O] org-drill extremely slow with Org 9.2.5

From: Milan Zamazal
Subject: Re: [O] org-drill extremely slow with Org 9.2.5
Date: Sun, 22 Sep 2019 19:57:42 +0200

    CH> are all your headlines folded?

Yes.

    CH> I found that running "M-x outline-show-all" before the first
    CH> org- drill call resolves this issue for me with org 9.2 (but not
    CH> with 9.3).

Indeed, cool, thank you for the tip.

    CH> See also my analysis
    CH> https://bitbucket.org/eeeickythump/org-drill/issues/48/slow-startup

The primary problem seems to be Org regressions.  IIRC, with Org 9.3,
it's enough to make a file with several thousand folded entries having
:ID: properties and the navigation becomes extremely slow.

    CH> Are you aware of the new org-drill releases by Philipp Lord?
    CH> https://gitlab.com/phillord/org-drill

I wasn't, thank you for the pointer.  (However when I tried to install
it from MELPA, it installed a new Org with it, making it unusable.
Better to install it directly from the archive above.)

Thanks,
Milan