[O] Org babel tangle: Don't export code

From: Nathan Neff
Subject: [O] Org babel tangle: Don't export code
Date: Tue, 24 Sep 2019 16:18:58 -0500

Hello all,

I use *.org files to configure my emacs and use org-babel-load-file
to configure my org-mode using *.org files.  Love the feature.

However sometimes I'm experimenting with code blocks, and want to simply
"turn off" certain code blocks in my *.org files from being executed.  Every time
I go to do this, I search the web for 30-60 minutes and I'm frustrated and confused by
the myriad options and documentation.

All I want to do is mark a source code block in my *.org files so that the
particular code block is:

1) Not exported to the resulting .el file when tangling
Or
2) Not ran in the resulting .el files when tangling

I recently spent 30 minutes to an hour trying to figure out how to simply
"disable" or "prevent" or "exclude" or "quit" or "don't" or "stop" or "please don't do this"
to a code block in my *.org files.  I don't want to mark the code block as "text", unless there's really no other option.

In my opinion, the documentation does not simply define how to do this relatively common task.

Can someone please point me in the right direction?  Also I would be willing to submit a doc-fix or FAQ item if there is currently not an item to do so.  I'm lost and do not want to spend more time on this seemingly easy task.

Thanks,
--Nate