[O] Org-capture %a expansion - create ID link

From: Nathan Neff
Subject: [O] Org-capture %a expansion - create ID link
Date: Wed, 25 Sep 2019 15:28:23 -0500

Hello all,

I'm using capture templates with the %a expansion element [1]

The documentation says:  "Annotation, normally the link created with org-store-link."

The expansion results in links like this:
file:~/org-mode/inbox.org::*Heading

This not really so good, because I routinely refile things in my inbox - which
renders the link useless.

Is there a way to force org-capture to generate a link with a globally unique ID?

A brief look at the code
https://code.orgmode.org/bzg/org-mode/src/master/lisp/org-capture.el#L631 seems to suggest
that org-store-link is called with a nil argument - I don't know what that exactly does but I wonder if that's what is causing the generated link to behave differently than when org-store-link is called interactively?

I would also like a globally unique ID generated for the currently clocked item (the %K expansion
element), but hey, one thing at a time, right? :-)

Any ideas?

Thanks,
--Nate