Re: [O] [ANN] org-sidebar-tree: Sidebar tree-view buffer for outline nav

From: Fraga, Eric
Subject: Re: [O] [ANN] org-sidebar-tree: Sidebar tree-view buffer for outline navigation
Date: Wed, 2 Oct 2019 13:14:53 +0000

Hi Adam,

I've had a chance to play with it a little bit.  Works very well
generally.  Some notes:

- a way to exit the sidebar-tree mode to get back to the full buffer
  (e.g. to run commands that require the whole file).  The documentation
  seems to indicate that 'q' should do this but it didn't work for
  me.  I do use evil mode but q didn't work whether in evil or emacs
  states.

- hitting RET on a headline which has subtrees doesn't show the
  subtrees.  Can this be customized?  It might be nice to have two
  different bindings to allow for recursion and not.

- invoking org-sidebar-tree when point is at the top of the file,
  e.g. on the #+title: line of a document, gives an error:
  outline-back-to-heading: Before first heading.

I will probably use this in place of my rough and ready version.

Thanks,
eric

--
Eric S Fraga via Emacs 27.0.50, Org release_9.2.4-401-gfabd6d