Re: Refresher on including R/ggplot2 output via latex/pdf?

From: John Hendy
Subject: Re: Refresher on including R/ggplot2 output via latex/pdf?
Date: Tue, 29 Oct 2019 09:39:39 -0500

On Mon, Oct 28, 2019 at 12:46 PM Jack Kamm <address@hidden> wrote:

> > 2) why does this [still] work for Jack? (Jack, what's M-x org-version for
> > you?)
>
> I tested on my laptop and desktop, both work for me, they are running the
> following 2 versions of org:
>
> Org mode version 9.2.4 (9.2.4-13-g9a543b-elpaplus @
> /home/jack/.emacs.d/elpa/org-plus-contrib-20190729/)
> Org mode version 9.2.6 (9.2.6-4-ge30905-elpaplus @
> /home/jack/.emacs.d/elpa/org-plus-contrib-20190930/)

Closing the loop. I can confirm that my example works on this commit
(one before the relevant change) (thanks, Chuck!).

commit ed9bdfd220b75233e5bae2ef39164d14624060fa (HEAD)
Merge: 0954d4c25 0ae2e656d
Author: Marco Wahl <address@hidden>
Date:   Fri Oct 5 00:54:19 2018 +0200

Completely stumped on how that works for you.

My final question; is the documentation accurate, or more accurately,
is it unambiguous?

14.8.2.2 :results
file Interpret as path to a file. Inserts a link to the file. Usage
example: :results value file.

14.8.2.3 :file
An external :file that saves the results of execution of the code
block... A link to the file is inserted.

As written, using :results file and :file both claim to insert a link
to the file. Should this be clarified?

Thanks all,
John