How to move from inline tasks to drawers? [was: How to change the width

From: Alain . Cochard
Subject: How to move from inline tasks to drawers? [was: How to change the width of a latex exported inlinetask?]
Date: Sat, 2 Nov 2019 14:01:48 +0100

Fraga, Eric writes on Wed 30 Oct 2019 14:55:

 > [...] for a number of reasons including advice from this list, I
 > have moved away from inline tasks almost completely and now use
 > drawers instead.

As far as I can see, the last discussion about that on the list
occurred in April 2018 (starting with message
https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-orgmode/2018-04/msg00235.html).

My understanding then was that there was a significant wish from
prominent Org developers and/or users to preserve inline tasks in some
form, with a decent implementation.  So, if I am not sure what
"advice" you have in mind, I certainly do observe that my hope of some
near future progress has not been fulfilled so far :-)

I wouldn't mind using drawers instead, though, hence avoiding all the
problems tied to current inline tasks, but can I?  You said at that
time that my use of inline tasks was appropriate whereas drawers would
not be.  You also said that you had "already moved to using drawers
for a large number of [your] inline task use cases, the ones that
weren't really tasks!".  Is this consistent with your "almost
completely" above?  This leads me to the question of what precisely
_defines_ a "task"; what is important to me is that such inline
"stuff" has an equivalent of the TODO keyword, and an equivalent of
tags for searching, both being integrated transparently with regular
TODOs and tags.

If you (or someone else) can show me how to perform this, I'll start
the switch immediately!

Regards

--
EOST (École et Observatoire des Sciences de la Terre)
IPG (Institut de Physique du Globe) | address@hidden