Display problems

From: Fabrice Popineau
Subject: Display problems
Date: Mon, 11 Nov 2019 17:12:13 +0100

Hi,
I noticed a couple of problems recently:
- with global-hl-line-mode: the cursor disappears on empty lines, quite disturbing in my opinion

image.png image.png

- with org-hide-emphasis-markers: when at the end of a line as above, if turned on, then you can't go past the marker and stay on the same line. Hiding the markers and going right will put you on next line.

All of this with latest Org mode and Emacs 27.0.50 (master).

Hope someone has an insight in these hairy display things.

Regards,

Fabrice