Re: Publish to PDF on Linux: An impossible task?

From: Jack Kamm
Subject: Re: Publish to PDF on Linux: An impossible task?
Date: Mon, 11 Nov 2019 12:12:03 -0800

John Hendy <address@hidden> writes:

> By "LaTeX" I mean "that which is necessary to have a functioning latex
> system." If by lower-level you mean the ecosystem itself vs. compiling
> errors, completely agree. Clearly some core components are missing.
> For example, the texmf.cnf file is provided by the arch package
> texlive-core (assuming a package was used), so that's potentially not
> even installed.
> - https://www.archlinux.org/packages/extra/any/texlive-core/

I would also suggest referring to
https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/TeX_Live#Installation for the
packages to install on Arch. I myself am using Archlinux-packaged TeX
Live without any issues. I believe I installed "texlive-most",
"texlive-lang", and "biber", which are the 3 main packages/groups
recommended by the wiki.