Re: Editting from the agenda view

From: Sebastian Miele
Subject: Re: Editting from the agenda view
Date: Wed, 27 Nov 2019 02:55:06 +0000

Hi Shérab,

Shérab <address@hidden> writes:

> Dear Victor,
>
> Many thanks for your response and sorry for the delay of mine!
>
> Victor A. Stoichita (2019/11/23 09:14 +0100):
>>
>> Le 22 Nov 2019, Shérab <address@hidden> a écrit :
>> > When I am in an agenda view, say the weekly view, how can I edit one of
>> > the listed entries? I may want to do that either because I notice I have
>> > made a typo that I would like to fix, or because I would like to
>> > re-schedule the entry for another date.
>>
>> To reschedule an entry remotely from the agenda view, you can press S-right
>> (org-agenda-do-date-later) or S-left (org-agenda-do-date-earlier).
>
> I indeed remember having seen these commands!
> The thing is that I am using emacs in the Linux console where these
> bindings do not work, so I couldn't try them. Is there a way to bind
> them to different key bindings? I am asking becuase I assume the
> bindings you mention are specific to the agenda view and the way to
> modify them is thus different from ordinary, global bindings. Am I
> correct?

After opening the agenda, inspection of the buffer-local variable
major-mode (e.g. by C-h v) reveals that the major mode in the agenda
buffer is org-agenda-mode. A search for a variable containing
"org-agenda", and "map" reveals that most probably org-agenda-mode-map
is the keymap used there. It follows the usual naming scheme for major
mode maps.

After (require 'org-agenda) it will be possible to (define-key
org-agenda-mode-map KEY BINDING) in an init file.

Best wishes
Sebastian