Include lines in setupfile are not evaluated: bug or feature?

From: Jarmo Hurri
Subject: Include lines in setupfile are not evaluated: bug or feature?
Date: Sat, 07 Dec 2019 09:58:54 +0200

Greetings.

I am (still) trying to figure out a SINGLE common setup/include file for
all settings for a large batch of files.

I found out recently that common #properties can be set in a setup file
(but not in an included file). However, now it seems that in a setup
file I can not include all common included files. Is this intended
behaviour?

Below is an example that demonstrates this. First the main (exported
file):

# ----------------------- file main-file.org ----------------------------
#+setupfile: setup-file.org

src_elisp[:exports results :results raw]{(org-entry-get nil "MY_PROPERTY" t)}
# -----------------------------------------------------------------------

Then the setup file:

# ------------------ file setup-file.org ----------------------------
#+property: MY_PROPERTY true
#+include: setup-included.org
# -----------------------------------------------------------------------

Then the file that is supposed to be included in the setup file (and,
consequently, in the main file):

Some text to be included.

But the text is not included in the main file. Documentation of
#setupfile says that

"Org parses the contents of this document as if it was included in the
buffer."

https://orgmode.org/manual/In_002dbuffer-settings.html

But that does not seem to be the case.

Jarmo