Bug: LaTeX export does not handle .pgf/.tikz images [9.3 (9.3-elpaplus @

From: Arthur
Subject: Bug: LaTeX export does not handle .pgf/.tikz images [9.3 (9.3-elpaplus @ .emacs.d/elpa/org-plus-contrib-20191203/)]
Date: Fri, 6 Dec 2019 17:47:04 +1100

Remember to cover the basics, that is, what you expected to happen and
what in fact did happen.  You don't know how to make a good report?  See

     https://orgmode.org/manual/Feedback.html#Feedback

Your bug report will be posted to the Org mailing list.

Hi,

Since my last org update (today or yesterday I would say) I have been
having an issue with exporting .pgf or .tikz file to LaTeX.  The
exporter always returns `nil`.

I attached a patch that can fix this.  It is not thoroughly tested by my
assumption is that the `progn` does not actually "set" variable
`image-code`, hence the `nil`.

Attached:
 - org file to reproduce the error.
 - tex file output by the org exporter.
 - output of `org-submit-bug-report` (it is waaay too long)
 - the patch I wrote which basically removes the `progn` block and
   replaces it by a single `setq`.

In summary, when you have [[file:test.pgf]] and export to LaTeX:
 - Expected output:
   \begin{center}
   \input{test.pgf}
   \end{center}
 - Actual output:
   \begin{center}
   nil
   \end{center

Summary of config:
 - GNU Emacs 25.2.2 (x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.22.21) of
   2017-09-23, modified by Debian
 - Org mode version 9.3 (9.3-elpaplus @ .emacs.d/elpa/org-plus-contrib-20191203/)

My apologies if this comes from some weird thing in my config,
although I have checked with `emacs -Q -l <base-config>`.  I have
tried with full file, subtree, custom and default LaTeX class.

Regards,
Arthur