Re: Displaying remote images

From: Jack Kamm
Subject: Re: Displaying remote images
Date: Sat, 07 Dec 2019 06:41:48 -0800

After test-driving this patch for a bit, the main issue I foresee is
that this can potentially hang Emacs if loading a lot of images over a
slow SSH connection. This was also discussed in the previous thread from
2014.

I plan to mitigate this with an option to enable/disable/cache the
remote images. For the cache'ing, visiting the remote files in their own
Emacs buffers seems to work pretty well.

I'm in the process of updating my copyright papers for my current
employer, and will send an updated patch when I've got that sorted out.

--Jack