Re: #+INCLUDE causes error when it attmepts to expand a LaTeX macro in s

From: Nicolas Goaziou
Subject: Re: #+INCLUDE causes error when it attmepts to expand a LaTeX macro in source block
Date: Sun, 08 Dec 2019 09:46:46 +0100

Hello,

Charles Millar <address@hidden> writes:

> In my init file I have
>
> (setq org-confirm-babel-evaluate nil)

This is totally unrelated to inclusion, see below.

> File "A" is attached as an org file. I evaluate the source blocks (C-c
> C-v s), the table is generated and then I export it to PDF. The source
> blocks do not evaluate during export.
>
> In file B I have
>
> #+INCLUDE: "/path/to/FileA::*SCHEDULE A1112"
>
> When I attempt to export File B to PDF/LaTeX the following error occurs
>
> Debugger entered--Lisp error: (error "Undefined Org macro: cmhfill;
> aborting")
>    signal(error ("Undefined Org macro: cmhfill; aborting"))
>    error("Undefined Org macro: %s; aborting" "cmhfill")

[...]

> Also, please note that the cmhfill macro is in the table headings.

This is the problem, IMO.

> Is this an error, i.e. the #+INCLUDE does not honor the setting in my
> init file?

Generally speaking, INCLUDE does not honor any Babel related setting
because inclusion happens before almost anything else (e.g., Babel)
during the export process.

But I don't think this is related to your issue.

> Is there a header or property setting for File B to prevent the exporter
> from evaluating the source blocks when executing through an #+INCLUDE,
> more particularly to prevent the attempted macro expansion within the
> source blocks?

Org does not expand within source blocks. It tried to expand macro in
your table header, but cannot find the macro definitions.

> Both File A and File B had identical LaTeX settings, i.e. the macro was
> defined in both files.

Where is it defined? I cannot see it.

Regards,

--