Re: Wholesale changes to LaTeX headers

From: Tim Cross
Subject: Re: Wholesale changes to LaTeX headers
Date: Wed, 01 Jan 2020 06:18:22 +1100

Norman Walsh <address@hidden> writes:

If you want these changes globally, I would start with the
org-latex-classes variable. There is a lot you can do by tweaking the
values in this variable. I found the documentation to be good, but dense
(i.e. a lot to it, needing a git to digest fully). The docs for that
variable will also point you to other variables you can tweak to do what
you want.

If you just want to tweak for specific files, #+LATEX_HEADER and
#+LATEX_HEADER_EXTRA might be sufficient. I find these a good place to
experiment with different settings. If they prove more widely useful, I
will transfer/translate them into the other org-latex variables.

Finally, doing an M-x apropos for org-latex-.* will likely bring up some
additional variables which my be of interest/use.

Tim

> Hi,
>
> I want to make wholesale changes to the LaTeX preamble exported from
> Org mode. I want to put \RequirePackage and \PassOptionsToPackage
> calls before the \documentclass, I want to write a specific set of
> macros after the \documentclass, I want to craft a couple of
> \renewcommands, etc.
>
> Where should I begin?

Tim Cross