Re: Long links

From: Steven Penny
Subject: Re: Long links
Date: Sat, 4 Jan 2020 15:58:26 -0600

On Sat, Jan 4, 2020 at 11:44 AM Nicolas Goaziou wrote:
> In a recent manual, the section "Link format" starts with:
>
>    Org recognizes plain URIs, possibly wrapped within angle
>    brackets[fn:23], and activate them as clickable links.
>
> The example I gave you is an angle link.

Yes, I do see that documentation now. I also see this:

> [fn:23] Plain URIs are recognized only for a well-defined set of schemes. See
> External Links. Unlike URI syntax, they cannot contain parenthesis or white
> spaces, either. URIs within angle brackets have no such limitation.

https://github.com/bzg/org-mode/blob/master/doc/org-manual.org#footnotes

However what is troubling is that in both of these pages:

- https://github.com/bzg/org-mode/blob/master/doc/org-guide.org
- https://github.com/bzg/org-mode/blob/master/doc/org-manual.org

not a single example is provided of this syntax. Perhaps one could be added for
clarity?