Re: Long links

From: Steven Penny
Subject: Re: Long links
Date: Sat, 4 Jan 2020 18:59:03 -0600

On Sat, Jan 4, 2020 at 6:45 PM Trey Ethan Harris wrote:
> Uh... that’s an HTML file—this is the emacs-orgmode mailing list.

My original post:

https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-orgmode/2019-12/msg00422.html

was, and is still on topic. Yet you found a way to make 4 posts without
addressing the original post directly.

> And viewing that page as rendered HTML in a browser, there’s no horizontal
> scrolling I see (and doesn’t appear to be with your styles as rendered at
> https://cup.github.io/autumn/append-to-array/).

You should perhaps respond to what ive actually said, rather than what you think
im saying. Again this page here:

https://github.com/cup/autumn/blob/master/docs/append-to-array/index.html

is an example of GitHub not wrapping and requiring horizontal scrolling.

> I was asking for an example of an Org mode file showing the issue that’s
> concerning you, not just proof that GitHub sometimes does horizontal
> scrolling.

again, see original post for example problem:

https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-orgmode/2019-12/msg00422.html

> In any case, there will be no single solution to this—any ox library for Org
> export you use will have to be modified if they don’t handle line-breaks the
> way you want.

it seems you didnt even read all the responses, some good suggestions were
posted here:

https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-orgmode/2019-12/msg00423.html