Re: Bug: refiling gobbles a newline and absorbs the next heading [9.1.9

From: Miguel Morin
Subject: Re: Bug: refiling gobbles a newline and absorbs the next heading [9.1.9 (release_9.1.9-65-g5e4542 @ /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/)]
Date: Thu, 09 Jan 2020 07:54:01 +0000

Hello,

I put "refiling" in the title as that is the moment when things go awry, so I
noticed it when I refiled items.

I updated Org to 9.3.1 and confirm that the bug is still present. Because I got
some compatibility problems, I tested it with `emacs -q`, in which I didn't
have email, and then drafted the email after reverting to the built-in 9.1.9.

Below is the relevant part to reproduce the bug. What do you mean by ECM? Error
Correction Mode? Engineering Change Management?

Regards,

Miguel

Start a file at `~/test.org` with:

```
* heading 1

* heading 2

* heading 3
```

Set this capture template:

```
(setq org-capture-templates
      '(("t" "Todo" entry (file+headline "~/test.org" "heading 1")
         "* TODO %?\n")))
```

add a capture item, delete newlines from the end of the org-capture buffer, and
refile to "heading 3". The heading next to the refiled item is gobbled and both
the org-capture item and the gobbled "heading 2" move to "heading 3".

[![Empty lines method, step 1 - create an org-capture item][1]][1]

[![Empty lines method, step 2 - delete lines from end of org-capture
buffer][2]][2]

[![Empty lines method, step 3 - refile][3]][3]

  [1]: https://i.stack.imgur.com/6cUlo.png
  [2]: https://i.stack.imgur.com/GPwg8.png
  [3]: https://i.stack.imgur.com/tzAJI.png