Re: [O] Orgmode Latex Export with Babel/LilyPond

From: Jonathan Gregory
Subject: Re: [O] Orgmode Latex Export with Babel/LilyPond
Date: Sat, 11 Jan 2020 12:29:43 -0300

On 20 Apr 2019, Jakob Schöttl <address@hidden> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm trying (second attempt), to setup orgmode to export PDFs with
> images generated by Babel/LilyPond.
>
> I followed the setup instructions here:
>
> https://orgmode.org/worg/org-contrib/babel/languages/ob-doc-lilypond.html
>
> I have
>
> a recent emacs (Arch Linux),
>
> ~/.emacs file with
>
> (org-babel-do-load-languages
>   'org-babel-load-languages
>   '((lilypond t)))
>
> (although I saw many other snippets where there is a "." between the
> (lilypond t)). I tried both variants.
>
> I tried also tried (require 'lilypond) instead
> org-babel-do-load-languages which caused an error.
>
> I pressed C-c C-e l p -> "PDF file produced."
>
> But no images are generated and no images appear in the PDF. Only
> plain source code.
>
> Any ideas?
> Thank you!
>
> - Jakob

I tried the first example with emacs -Q using Org versions 9.1.9 and 9.3.1, and
there were a few things I had to change to generate the image correctly after
C-c C-e l p:

- Add `:results file :exports results` to the header,
- change \relative c’ to \relative c', and
- add the missing the #+end_src part.

The configuration I used:

(add-to-list 'load-path "/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp")
(require 'lilypond-mode)

(org-babel-do-load-languages
 'org-babel-load-languages
 '((lilypond . t)))