Re: attachment: link type export to HTML invalid attach dir

From: Nicolas Goaziou
Subject: Re: attachment: link type export to HTML invalid attach dir
Date: Thu, 16 Jan 2020 14:18:13 +0100

Hello,

Gustav Wikström <address@hidden> writes:

> Ah yes. Found the culprit for this issue. Hopefully the last one. The
> exporter doesn't actually move the point in the buffer during the
> export. So org-attach-expand tried to expand from the first character
> in the buffer. This should be fixed from a few minutes ago.

I'm not sure hard-coding attachment links in exporters in the best way
forward. For example, exporters in the wild may not cope with them
before a long time, if ever. There is some code duplication, too.

If attachments links are similar to file links from an export point of
view, then I suggest to add a phase in ox.el to expand the former into
the latter, before even using export back-ends. This way, there is no
change required in the exporters, shipped in or not.

Regards,

--
Nicolas Goaziou