Re: ob-scheme haunted source code block?

From: Joost Kremers
Subject: Re: ob-scheme haunted source code block?
Date: Thu, 23 Jan 2020 11:07:14 +0100

On Tue, Jan 21 2020, Neil Jerram wrote:
OK, up to this point I am thinking: this is all quite curious, but presumably not really a big problem, as you surely don't need to use this
rather strange workflow...

Mind you, that's not my normal workflow. I normally just do =C-'= to edit a source block, =C-'= to finish the edit and return to the Org file, and then =C-c C-c= to evaluate the source block. The rest was just to try and find out where the problem lies.

The weirdest thing about this is that the problem is persistent. I restarted Emacs and in my desperation even rebooted the computer,
but to no avail.

But this is indeed weird. Are you saying that you can reboot your computer, restart Emacs, open the relevant Org file, evaluate the source
block (without any C-c ') and you still see the problem?

Yes, that was what was happening. I suspected there might be some history being kept somewhere, that's why I grepped through my =~/.emacs.d/= directory.

If so, I wonder if it's a real but intermittent problem in your code that was somehow made more likely by the original workflow, and now you're just
being unlucky?

The code was fairly straightforward (and not even mine... It came directly from SICP), so I doubt that had much to do with it.

Anyway, I'm gonna have to put this down as a Heisenbug. The problem disappeared after a while and I can't reproduce it: Going through the steps that I thought triggered the bug doesn't recreate it. Weird.

Thanks for reading and apologies for wasting everyone's time...

Joost